Captains newsletter May 2020 and Coronavirus Update
Updating message from Captain Keith
15th May: The undernoted newsletter and update was sent by email to all members today, Main points covered were:
- Season Cancellation.
- Entry fee refunds.
- Super Seniors.
- Sponsors message.
- Spanish trip.
- 2020 AGM
To open Newsletter CLICK HERE
To open the documents mentioned in the newsletter,click on links below.
5th May 2020 -- SSGS 2020 SEASON CANCELLED
Please open the above Document which provides details and rationale behind the Committee decision to reluctantly cancel ALL SSGS events this year. This has not been an easy decision and we are sure that members will appreciate that the health and safety of our members and volunteers must take precedent.
A fully detailed email will be issued to all members in the next few days.
24th April: As you are aware we've had to cancel all events to date due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Whilst no decision has yet been made as regards June's events, they must be considered doubtful at this moment in time, although we always live in hope.
One of the consequences of the cancellations is that many members are in credit, and these amounts may increase as the year progresses. Our preferred method of dealing with these cancelled entry fees, would be to carry them forward into the future for members' use, either this or next year.
If however you would prefer to have a refund sent now for these entry fees then please contact Ian Kerr direct on email@example.com. I'm sure you can appreciate that due to member confidentiality we cannot detail all the amounts due on this email,
As regards future tournaments, decisions will be made on a rolling basis,1 month before each event, taking into account Government guidelines, availability of accommodation in local area etc.
9th April: Given that current social distancing restrictions are likely to remain in force for next week or so, and that any relaxation will likely be on a gradual basis, we have decided to cancel the North of Scotland Open at Duff House Royal and the Presidents Cup at Ladybank. Both these events were scheduled for May.
Going forward we will review June's events early next month, but at this stage they must be classed as doubtful.
We appreciate that this will be a disappointment to our members, but we have a duty of care to you all (with many falling into the higher risk category re age) as well as our administrators.
3rd April: A decision about the events scheduled in May 2020 will be undertaken by the Committee following on from any revised Government guidelines after the end of the current lockdown period on 17th April. Future updates will be posted on website, facebook and will be emailed out to members as soon as decisions reached. Hope all members are managing to stay safe at this time.
17th March 2020: Considering the current Government guidelines and with the health and safety of our members and administrators being paramount, the Committee have decided on the following course of action, with immediate effect:
- The Super Seniors International Masters at Scotscraig Golf Club scheduled for 15-17th April has been cancelled, as has the pre competition reception on the 14th. All entrants have been advised. Entry fees will be refunded or held in credit for future events.
- The Spring meeting at Dunblane on 23/24th April has been cancelled. All entry monies paid will be held in credit for future SSGS events, either in 2020 or 2021.
- All other SSGS events due from 1st May onwards will be reviewed nearer the relevant competition date to determine if will proceed or not. These decisions will be made in enough time to allow for any accommodation and travel arrangements to be changed as required.
- Winter Stablefords are cancelled,
We understand that this will be a disappointment to many of you, but given the current situation, and considering the age profile of our Society, we feel that this is the correct course of action.
We will keep you informed of developments via website, Facebook and regular emails.